To the Authors
Requirements for Article Manuscripts Submission
- The article manuscripts have to be submitted to the AVIATION ENGINES Journal editorial office in electronic form on electronic media or to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Authors have to provide an expert opinion on the possibility of publication in public sources and an author’s statement for the article publication. An article and an author’s statement have to be signed by all authors (indicating their full name, academic degree and title, position, organization name, e-mail address and phone number) and provided to the editorial office.
- The article text has to be typed in Microsoft Word 97/2003 or a later version thereof. Times New Roman size 12 font, one-and-a-half line spacing, indentation of 1.0 cm. A4 format, 2 cm margins on each side. No hyphenation. Page numbering is mandatory.
- The total article volume has to vary from 8 to 20 pages.
- A UDC identifier has to be marked at the beginning of the article in the upper right corner. Then the following goes both in Russian and English: full title of the article, full names of authors, names of organizations and e-mail addresses, a brief summary (100-120 words), keywords (not more than 5 words or phrases).
- The text of the article has to contain introduction, target setting, methods for its reaching, key results, conclusion, and reference index.
- All figures have to be numbered, captioned and placed in the text after the first mention. Original figures have to be made as vectors (*.cdr, *.eps, *.wmf, *.xls, *.opj, *.dwg) or in a raster format (*.tiff, *.bmp, *.jpg) with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. Photos have to be clear with a resolution of at least 300 dpi (creation of images using the PrtScr command (screenshot) is not allowed). All figures have to be provided to the editorial office as separate files.
- All tables have to be numbered, captioned and placed in the text after the first mention.
- Formulas have to be typed in MathType or Equation. Straight font have to be used for the letters of the Russian and Greek alphabets, italics — for the Latin.
- Abbreviations have to be spelled out when they are first mentioned in the text, except for the generally accepted abbreviations for units of measurement, physical, chemical, technical and mathematical values and terms. The units of measurement have to comply with the International System of Units (SI).
- The reference index has to be compiled following the order of appearance of references in the text. The index has to include relevant scientific papers, primarily the articles published over the past 5 years in the scientific periodicals reviewed (indexed). It is not recommended to make any references to textbook materials. The reference index has to contain at least 15 sources. The index has to be duplicated in English and with transliteration. The reference index execution has to correspond to GOST R 7.05-2008.
- The article has to contain references to all the figures, tables and literary sources cited. The article manuscripts submitted must not contain any previously published materials.
Operating procedures for the Authors
In order to publish an article authors have to formalize a license agreement. Filled and signed agreement has to be sent to the editorial office along with the article manuscript. Author (coauthor) accepts terms of the agreement by signing the contract.
The date the editorial team receives the final text of the manuscript, as well as files and accompanying documents (expert opinion) is considered to be the date of the article receipt. Authors are informed on the article receipt. The manuscripts meeting the requirements and themes of the Journal are sent for external review. Authors receive a copy of the reviewer’s opinion, based on which they will amend the text of the article. The decision on publication will be made by the Editorial Board and the Editorial Team taking into account the reviewer’s opinion. The materials not meeting the requirements and topics of the Journal are rejected with no consideration. The editorial team reserves the right not to enter into correspondence on the articles not meeting the publication requirements. No publication fee is charged. The Journal does not return manuscripts and accompanying documents.